SECTION 184 INDIAN HOME LOAN GUARANTEE
At USDA Loans Direct wwe take pride in providing you with Section 184 Home Loans. With are knowledge and experience we will make applying for a home loan easy . Many of our employees were pioneers in the 184 business and have been doing these loans since the beginning of the program. We have successfully closed thousands of loans around the nation and we are happy to say many people now are living in their new homes. USDA Loans Direct closing record has earn it's reputation of being one of the top lending banks experts.
What Is the Section 184 Indian Home Loan Guarantee Program?
It is a home mortgage federal loan guarantee for enrolled members of federally recognized tribes or for Tribal Designated Housing Entities.
To help increase home ownership in Indian country, the program provides a 100 percent guarantee on all housing loans made by private lenders and tribal housing agencies to American Indian and Alaska Native borrowers.
The program is administered by the Office of Loan Guarantee within HUD’s Office of Native American Programs. They works with a broad group of private lenders and tribal partners to promote access to capital through this program. HUD guarantees each mortgage loan.
Section 184 loans offer many advantages:
- Low down payment: 2.25 percent on loans of more than $50,000 and only 1.25 percent on loans of less than $50,000.
- Fixed interest rate: Lenders charge market rate. No adjustable rate mortgages are permitted. Fees are monitored to prevent predatory loans.
- No monthly mortgage insurance: A one-time 1 percent fee is paid by the borrower at closing and can be financed into the loan.
- Manual underwriting: The program uses a hands-on approach to underwriting and approval, as opposed to automated decision-making tools.
Who is Eligible for a Section 184 Loan?
- American Indians or Alaska Natives who are members of a federally recognized tribe
- A member of an AlaskaVillage and Regional Corporation established pursuant to the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act
- An Indian tribe
- A Tribally Designated Housing Entity (TDHE)
- An Indian Housing Authority (IHA)
General Program Requirements
- In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a Native American/American Indian in the process of buying a home that will be your primary residence.
- You or your family member(s) must also be enrolled in a federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaskan Native village.
- Fixed Rate Financing with market rate of interest.
- Length of Loan is 30 years or less. Payments are made monthly.
- The maximum loan amount is 150% of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) lending limits for the area.
- There are no prepayment penalties.
We Are Here to Help
- Interested in getting a Section 184 Loan? At 1st USDA Loans Direct we will assist you every step of the way! Apply today
- If you’d like to learn more, we’re here to help with all your Home Loan needs. Our experts agents are extremely knowledgeable regarding Section 184 Home Loan and they are ready to help answer all your question and concerns.
Call us at any time!